Collection of personal information
Whenever you deal with Devine, whether as a current or prospective seller, buyer, lessor or lessee, we will collect personal information in order to provide services to you. We do not collect personal information unless it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of the services we provide or functions we carry out.
The types of personal information we generally collect includes but is not limited to:
- Name, date of birth, residential address, postal address, email address, home telephone number, work telephone number, mobile telephone number, your occupation and business address.
- Financial information including details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution.
- Details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children, and roommates.
- Details of properties owned by you.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Personal information collected by Devine will ordinarily be used for the following purposes:
- Assisting you to sell your property
- Assisting you to purchase a property
- Assisting you to lease a property (either as lessor or lessee)
- Assisting you to obtain a loan
- Assisting you with payment or refund of a bond
- Assisting you with tenancy disputes
- Coordinating repairs or maintenance to a property owned or leased by you
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other governmental agency
- Recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority
- Recording or accessing information on tenancy information services or databases
- Client and business relationship management
- Marketing of products and services to you
We will not disclose your personal information to government agencies, private sector organisations or any third parties unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented
- You would reasonably expect, or you have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- It is otherwise required or authorised by law
- It is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body (e.g. police, ASIC, Immigration Department)
Personal information provided to Devine may be shared with its related companies. We will take all reasonable and practical measures to keep such information strictly confidential.
Please note, that in order for Devine to comply with the NSW Public Health Orders, we are required to keep an electronic COVID Safety Register for all visitors to our offices and all properties for sale or rent. Your information may be provided to NSW Health to assist with contact tracing.
You have a right to complain about our handling of your personal information if you believe we have breached the APPs.
If you wish to make such a complaint to us, you should first contact our Privacy Officers in writing. Your complaint will be dealt with in accordance with our complaints procedure and we will provide a response within a reasonable period.
If you are unhappy with our response to your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Our Privacy Officers can be contacted in the following ways:
Mail: PO Box 291
Strathfield NSW 2135